Due to ongoing volatility in the capital markets, it has become necessary to reduce cap rates and participation rates on some of the accounts within our Indexed Universal Life (IUL) product portfolio. These changes will take effect for all premium received and new indexed segments created after Friday, July 15, 2022. All premium received on or before July 15 for approved and existing policies will have current rates applied. Illustrations will be updated July 16, 2022. Read More.
AZ, CT & IN to transition from SecureCare UL to SecureCare III, effective JUNE 27th.
This leaves DC, DE, ND, and SD as the only states left to transition from SecureCare UL to SecureCare III. These remaining states will transition in the coming months.
- Friday, June 24, 2022: Applications for SecureCare Universal Life in AZ, CT and IN must be signed, in good order and received by Securian Financial’s home office or submitted via eApp by 3 p.m. CST.
- Monday, June 27, 2022: SecureCare III will be available in AZ, CT, and IN. To accommodate SecureCare III’s product changes, we will offer a new application
- All licensing and LTC certification training must be in good order before the sale of any LTC products. Review LTC licensing and training requirements in each state.
- Applications for SecureCare Universal Life in AZ, CT and IN must be signed, in good order and received by Securian Financial’s home office or submitted via eApp by 3 p.m. CST June 24. If a new application is needed due to a licensing issue or because the application is not in good order, the client will no longer be able to apply for SecureCare Universal Life and will need to apply for SecureCare III.
- If a client has already submitted an application for SecureCare Universal Life and started the underwriting process, but wants to switch to SecureCare III, the new application is required. This must be sent to us, along with a cover letter explaining the desired change. Any completed underwriting requirements will be applied to the new application.
- SecureCare Universal Life policies that have already been issued, paid and in-force cannot be exchanged for SecureCare III, unless the policy is in its free-look period.
New S&P PRISM Index Now Available!
- The new indexed account offers stable growth potential. It encompasses a long-term outlook by leveraging a variety of strategies – such as diversification, positive momentum and risk control – aiming to provide consistency. Read More.
Persistency Bonus On Premier Variable Universal Life (PVUL) Policies
- A new persistency bonus will be added to PVUL policies issued on or after April 29, 2022. This bonus is an added benefit for clients looking for more accumulation potential in their variable life policies.
PDA rates are increasing by 0.25% for PDA durations 2 through 7. The changes took effect on 5/1/2022. Please reach out to your Securian Financial Sales Team for details.
- ADB-CIA and WPA will no longer be available to add to inforce policies
- ADB-CIA is now approved in Florida for new Indexed Universal Life (IUL) sales (Eclipse Accumulator and Eclipse Protector II)
- New issue ages for ADB-CIA will be 25-65 (previously ages 20-80) in Florida only
- Applications received after April 28, 2022, will be subject to the new issue ages of 25-65 for ADB-CIA
We’re eliminating our COVID-19 restrictions. While the pandemic isn’t over, we have developed valuable insights. Instead of eliminating eligibility for entire age bands or rate classes, we are considering unique risks for each insured. Effective now, we are easing all remaining COVID-19 participation restrictions for our life products!