MassMutual is pleased to announce recent updates to Internal Retention Limits, which provides a breakdown of their capacity at different age and mortality thresholds including specialty risk limits on Professional Athletes, Private Aviation, and certain high-risk avocations. Read more.
Mass Mutual has made enhancements to our High Net Worth Foreign National (HNWFN) guidelines. Below are several key changes, including:
- Revised NEXUS requirements, resulting in more clients having established ties to the U.S..
- Increased internal retention limits:
- Residents of “A” countries can qualify for up to $20 million (previously $7.5 million) *
- Residents of “B” countries can qualify for up to $15 million (previously $5 million) *
- If U.S. based need for coverage is established, may be able to consider global assets in determining coverage need.
- A decreased minimum face amount, along with an alternative minimum base annual premium.
*Refer to the latest country classifications. All existing and applied-for coverage with MassMutual reduces available retention. Maximum retention limits are subject to case details, including the insured’s age and risk class.
MassMutual is pleased to announce enhancements to our Disability Income Insurance (DI) Starting Professional Program. Certain applicants in their final stages of training, or in their first two years of professional practice, may be eligible for special DI issue limits based on anticipated earned income. We have increased the issue limits by $500 on Radius Choice and the Catastrophic Disability Benefit Rider2 (CAT) for the following occupations within the program: Architect, Attorney, Computer/Information Technology (Degreed), CPA, Doctor* (M.D., D.O.), Engineer, Pharmacist, Veterinarian. In addition, we have added a NEW occupation to the Starting Professional Program — Economist/Statistician. Read More.
Effective now, MassMutual has substantially increased their internal life retention from $20 million to $30 million* on individual Whole Life policies. On Survivorship Whole Life, their retention is increasing to a maximum of $35 million* from $25 million. These increases are for Whole Life product portfolio only, and the Additional Life Insurance Rider (ALIR). The ALIR benefit is included in the total retention limit. Additionally, this increases the retention limits for other special cases such as private pilots in our aviation program, and professional athletes. Read More.
*Retention limits can be reduced for age, rating, etc.